Here is a list of mandatory items you will need BEFORE picking up your new Maltese puppy:
- Nutri-cal Paste.
- Proplan Salmon & Rice Puppy dry food. (Puppies) OR Proplan Salmon & Rice Adult dry Food. (Adults)
- 6 panel Iris x-pen (Buy the 4 panel pen with the 2 panel add-on) OR Seabreeze Petite Pen (I recommend the 18×24 6 or 8 panel
- Washable potty pads (Your going to need more than one. Trust me.)
- Waterer or Water Float
- Feeder or Flat bottom Heavy Pet bowls
- Dog Bed(s). You may want to buy one for your office, bedroom and family room. You can find great inexpensive pet beds at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross or “California Dogs” – www.cadoggies.com Please tell her that I referred you!
- XXS Harness– As your puppy grows you will need to get a larger size.
- Dog Collar with embroidered ID (leather) OR Reflective Collar OR Identification tags with collar
Other items that would be good to have on hand:
(These items are good to keep on your pantry shelf should you need them. Most new puppies will NOT need this, but better to be safe than sorry!!)
This is for Hypoglycemia:
Low sodium Chicken broth.
Canned Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling).
Please check the Maltese Helpful Links page for other websites for ordering topknot bands, or other Maltese specific items.